Mendicot Offline Game Download: How to Play, Rules, and Benefits
Mendicot is a traditional Indian card game that originated in western India, especially in Maharashtra and Gujarat. It is similar to ‚Dehla Pakad‘, a game played in North India. The word ‚mendicot‘ in English loosely means ‚collecting tens‘. It is a team game and the ultimate objective is to win all the 10s for your team (10 of spades, 10 of hearts, 10 of diamonds, 10 of clubs).
Mendicot is a fun and engaging game that can be played by anyone who loves card games. It is easy to learn and offers a unique game experience every time you play it. You can play it with your family, friends, or online with other players. However, if you want to play it offline without any internet connection, you need to download mendicot offline game app for your Android or iOS devices.
In this article, we will tell you how to download mendicot offline game app, how to play mendicot, what are the rules and variations of the game, what are some tips and tricks to improve your skills, and what are the benefits of playing mendicot. So, let’s get started!
How to Play Mendicot
Mendicot is a trick-taking card game that is played by four players in two teams of two players each. The partners sit opposite each other at the table. The game uses a standard 52-card deck. The ranking of the cards in this deck are as follows (from high to low): Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.
The first dealer is chosen at random and after each hand, the deal passes to the next player in counter-clockwise direction. The dealer shuffles the cards and deals 13 cards to each player in batches of five, four, and four. After each player has their hand, they may pick up their hand to examine the cards.
At the start of the hand, no trump suit has been designated yet. The trump suit (also called hukum) will be determined later during the play of the hand. There are three ways to choose the trump suit:
- The dealer flips the top card of the deck before dealing out hands. This card’s suit becomes trump. The dealer then shuffles the deck again before dealing.
- The player to the dealer’s right picks a card from their hand and places it face down on the table. This card’s suit becomes trump but it is not revealed until later in the hand.
- The trump suit is chosen later in the hand when a player is unable to follow suit. The player then plays any card from their hand to the trick and that card’s suit becomes trump for the rest of the hand.
The player to the dealer’s right leads any card to the first trick. Each other player then plays one card to the trick in counter-clockwise direction. A player must play a card of the same suit as the first card played if they have one. If they do not have a card of that suit, they may play any card from their hand.
The trick is won by the highest card of the suit led, unless a trump card is played, in which case the highest trump card wins. The winner of the trick leads any card to the next trick. The play continues until all 13 tricks have been played.
At the end of the hand, the team that has won all the 10s in their tricks scores one point for each 10 they have. If a team has won all four 10s, they score a bonus point and win the game immediately. Otherwise, the game continues until one team reaches a predetermined number of points, usually five or seven.
Mendicot Rules and Variations
The basic rules of mendicot are simple and straightforward, but there are some variations and nuances that can make the game more interesting and challenging. Here are some of them:
- Some players use a joker as an extra trump card. The joker can be played at any time and it beats any other card, including the ace of trumps. If there is a joker in the game, the deck has 53 cards and each player gets 13 cards plus one extra card that they can discard before the play begins.
- Some players use a different ranking of cards in each suit. Instead of ace being the highest card, they use 2 as the highest card and ace as the lowest card. This changes the strategy and tactics of the game, as some cards become more valuable or less valuable depending on the suit.
- Some players use a different scoring system. Instead of scoring one point for each 10, they score one point for each ace, king, queen, jack, and 10 they have. This makes the game longer and more competitive, as there are more cards to fight for.
- Some players use different terms and etiquette for mendicot. For example, they may call the trump suit ‚hukum‘ or ‚rani‘, they may call the 10s ‚dabbas‘ or ‚dabbis‘, they may call the partner ‚saathi‘ or ‚mitra‘, and they may use gestures or signals to communicate with their partner or bluff their opponents.
Mendicot Tips and Tricks
Mendicot is a game of skill and strategy, but also of luck and intuition. To improve your chances of winning, you need to practice and learn from your mistakes. Here are some tips and tricks that can help you become a better mendicot player:
- Pay attention to the cards that have been played and try to remember them. This will help you keep track of which cards are still in play and which cards are out of play. You can also deduce what cards your partner and your opponents have based on their actions.
- Try to cooperate with your partner and work as a team. You can use subtle hints or signals to indicate what suit you want them to lead or what suit you have strong cards in. You can also try to help them win tricks or prevent them from losing tricks by playing strategically.
- Try to deceive your opponents and make them play into your hands. You can use bluffing or misdirection to make them think you have different cards than you actually have. You can also try to lure them into playing their high cards or their trump cards early, so that you can save yours for later.
- Try to avoid playing your 10s or your trump cards unless you are sure you can win the trick or you have no other choice. You want to save these cards for later in the hand, when they can make a difference in scoring points. You also want to avoid giving away these cards to your opponents by playing them unnecessarily.
Playing mendicot is not only fun and exciting, but also beneficial for your mind and body. Here are some of the benefits of playing mendicot:
- It enhances your mental abilities such as memory, concentration, logic, reasoning, and problem-solving. You need to remember the cards that have been played, follow the rules of the game, plan your moves ahead, and adapt to changing situations.
- It improves your social skills such as communication, cooperation, teamwork, and sportsmanship. You need to interact with your partner and your opponents, exchange information and feedback, work together towards a common goal, and respect each other’s opinions and feelings.
- It provides entertainment and relaxation for your mind and body. You can enjoy playing mendicot with your family, friends, or online with other players. You can also relieve stress and boredom by playing mendicot whenever you want.
- It promotes Indian culture and tradition by preserving and spreading a popular card game that originated in India. You can learn about the history and origin of mendicot and its rules and variations. You can also share your knowledge and experience of mendicot with other players and learn from them.
Mendicot is a fascinating card game that can be played offline by downloading the mendicot offline game app for your Android or iOS devices. It is a game of skill, strategy, luck, and intuition that can be enjoyed by anyone who loves card games. It is also a game that can benefit your mental and social well-being, as well as your cultural awareness. So, what are you waiting for? Download the mendicot offline game app today and start playing this amazing game with your friends and family!
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about mendicot offline game download:
- Where can I download the mendicot offline game app?
- How much does the mendicot offline game app cost?
- Can I play the mendicot offline game app with other players online?
- Can I customize the mendicot offline game app settings?
- What are some other card games similar to mendicot?
You can download the mendicot offline game app from the Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS devices. You can also visit the official website of the app developer to get more information and updates about the app.
The mendicot offline game app is free to download and play. However, it may contain some in-app purchases or ads that you can choose to buy or watch to support the app developer.
Yes, you can play the mendicot offline game app with other players online if you have an internet connection. You can join or create a room and invite your friends or random players to play with you. You can also chat with them during the game and send them emojis or stickers.
Yes, you can customize the mendicot offline game app settings according to your preferences. You can change the language, theme, sound, music, speed, difficulty, and rules of the game. You can also view your statistics, achievements, leaderboards, and feedback.
Some other card games similar to mendicot are ‚Dehla Pakad‘, ‚Rang‘, ‚Court Piece‘, ’29‘, ‚Bridge‘, ‚Spades‘, ‚Hearts‘, and ‚Euchre‘. You can try these games if you like mendicot and want to explore more card games.