How to Overcome Windows 7 Expired Problem
If you are still using Windows 7 on your computer, you may encounter a problem where your Windows 7 expires and you cannot access your system normally. This can happen because Windows 7 has reached the end of its support period and no longer receives security updates from Microsoft. To keep your Windows safe, you should switch to Windows 10 or another supported operating system. However, if you still want to use Windows 7 for some reason, there are some ways to overcome the Windows 7 expired problem. In this article, we will show you some of them.
Method 1: Use Safe Mode to Fight Viruses
Safe Mode is the best mode to start fixing a damaged computer. This mode can be used to fight some types of viruses, as well as serve as a diagnostic tool if you are unsure of the cause of the computer malfunction. If your computer can turn on and function in Safe Mode, it means that the problem lies in the program, driver or other file, not on the computer. 
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode. Choose Safe Mode from the Shutdown menu, if accessible.
- Press F8. If the Shutdown menu is not accessible, you can restart your computer and press F8 continuously when loading Windows. This is to give you access to the Boot Menu.
- Select Safe Mode and press Enter. Press the down arrow key to access the Safe Mode option and press Enter.
- Start fixing your computer. After logging into Windows, you can start fixing your computer. There are a number of ways that you can try and use, but each way depends on the type of problem encountered. Delete all files related to viruses that are recognized by the system, which usually make these files inaccessible. Download or run antivirus programs that are usually inaccessible due to viruses. You may have to restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking mode. Uninstall programs that have just been installed that you suspect are the source of the problem. Update all drivers if you suspect that outdated drivers are the problem. Run System Restore, which is similar to Last Known Good Configuration below. Do this by searching for System Restore from the Start menu and follow the instructions. Don’t forget to scan all affected programs.
Method 2: Change Configuration to Fix Driver Problems
Use Last Known Good Configuration mode. This method is suitable for use if you are sure that the problem is caused by a bad driver or system update. This method can also fight some types of viruses. 
- Remove any storage media from your computer. Remove all CDs, DVDs, USBs and floppy disks from your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- Press and hold F8 when your computer starts up.
- Select Last Known Good Configuration and press Enter.
- Wait for Windows to load and fix any driver problems.
Method 3: Restore System
The computer system that is installed indirectly by default can be one of the causes of Windows 7 not running. To restore your Windows 7 computer system, here’s how:
- Boot from a Windows 7 installation CD or other device.
- Select the Troubleshoot menu, then select System Restore.
- Follow all the steps that appear to restore your computer system and choose a date before your Startup Repair has a problem.
Method 4: Run Bootrec
You can use this method if the above methods do not work on your laptop or computer in the following way.
- Boot using a Windows 7 installation CD.
- Press ‚Repair your computer‘ option, then select ‚Command Prompt‘.
- Enter the following three commands: bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot bootrec /rebuildbcd
- Restart your system and let Bootrec fix the Master Boot Record (MBR)
Method 5: Use Chew-WGA to Activate Windows 7
If none of the above methods work for you, you can try to use a third-party tool called Chew-WGA to activate your Windows 7 and overcome the expired problem. Chew-WGA is a software that can bypass the activation process of Windows 7 and make it genuine. However, you should be careful when using this tool, as it may contain viruses or malware that can harm your computer. Also, using this tool may violate the terms and conditions of Microsoft, so use it at your own risk. 
- Download Chew-WGA from a trusted source. You can search for it on Google or other search engines, but make sure you download it from a reputable website.
- Extract the downloaded file using WinRAR or other software. You will get a folder named Chew-WGA.
- Open the folder and run Chew-WGA.exe as administrator. You may need to disable your antivirus or firewall before running it.
- Click „Revert“ and wait for your computer to restart automatically.
- Open the folder again and run Chew-WGA.exe as administrator.
- Click „Apply“ and wait for your computer to restart again.
- Check your Windows activation status. You should see a message that says „Windows is activated“ on your desktop.
Method 6: Upgrade to Windows 10
The best and most recommended way to overcome Windows 7 expired problem is to upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 10 is the latest and most advanced operating system from Microsoft, which offers many features and benefits that Windows 7 does not have. Windows 10 also receives regular security updates and support from Microsoft, which can protect your computer from viruses and malware. Moreover, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free if you have a genuine copy of Windows 7. Here’s how to do it: 
- Back up your important files and data. Before upgrading to Windows 10, you should back up your important files and data to an external hard drive or cloud storage service, in case something goes wrong during the upgrade process.
- Go to the official website of Microsoft and download the Media Creation Tool. This is a tool that can help you create a bootable USB drive or DVD with Windows 10 installation files.
- Run the Media Creation Tool and accept the license terms.
- Select „Upgrade this PC now“ and click „Next“. The tool will download and verify the Windows 10 files.
- Select „Keep personal files and apps“ and click „Next“. This will ensure that your files and apps are not deleted during the upgrade process.
- Click „Install“ and wait for the upgrade process to complete. Your computer will restart several times during this process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Windows 10. You will need to choose your region, language, keyboard layout, and sign in with your Microsoft account or create a new one.
- Enjoy your Windows 10. You can check your activation status by going to Settings > Update & Security > Activation. You should see a message that says „Windows is activated with a digital license“.
Windows 7 expired problem can be a frustrating and annoying issue that prevents you from using your computer normally. However, there are some ways to overcome this problem and restore your Windows 7 to normal condition. In this article, we have shown you six methods that you can try to fix Windows 7 expired problem, ranging from using Safe Mode to upgrading to Windows 10. We hope that this article has been helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you for reading.
Method 7: Reinstall Windows 7
If all else fails, you can try to reinstall Windows 7 on your computer and overcome the expired problem. Reinstalling Windows 7 will erase all your files and settings on your computer and restore it to its original state. This can fix any errors or problems that may have caused your Windows 7 to expire. However, you should back up your important files and data before reinstalling Windows 7, as you will lose them during the process. You will also need a Windows 7 installation CD or USB drive to perform this method. Here’s how to do it: 
- Insert your Windows 7 installation CD or USB drive into your computer.
- Restart your computer and press any key to boot from the CD or USB drive.
- Wait for the Windows 7 setup screen to appear. Choose your language and time format, then click „Next“.
- Click „Install now“ and accept the license terms.
- Select „Custom (advanced)“ as the installation type.
- Select the partition where you want to install Windows 7. If you want to delete all your existing partitions and create a new one, click „Drive options (advanced)“ and follow the instructions.
- Click „Next“ and wait for the installation process to complete. Your computer will restart several times during this process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Windows 7. You will need to choose a username, password, product key, and network settings.
- Activate your Windows 7 online or by phone. You can check your activation status by going to Control Panel > System and Security > System.
Method 8: Contact Microsoft Support
If none of the above methods work for you, or if you have any questions or issues regarding your Windows 7 expired problem, you can contact Microsoft support for assistance. Microsoft support can provide you with technical guidance and troubleshooting tips to help you solve your problem. You can contact Microsoft support by phone, chat, email, or online forum. Here’s how to do it: 
- Go to the official website of Microsoft support and choose your product (Windows).
- Select your issue category and subcategory.
- Choose how you want to contact Microsoft support. You can select „Call me back“, „Schedule a call“, „Chat online“, „Ask the community“, or „Email Microsoft support“.
- Follow the instructions to connect with a Microsoft support agent or representative.
- Explain your problem clearly and provide any details or information that may be helpful.
- Follow the advice or instructions given by the Microsoft support agent or representative.