How to Understand Consumer Behaviour with the PDF Book by Leon G. Schiffman
Consumer behaviour is the study of how people buy, use and dispose of products and services. It is essential for marketers to understand consumer behaviour in order to design effective marketing strategies that meet the needs and wants of their target customers.
One of the best resources for learning about consumer behaviour is the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman, a renowned expert and author in the field. The book, titled Consumer Behavior, covers various topics and concepts related to consumer behaviour, such as motivation, perception, learning, attitude, personality, lifestyle, culture, social class, reference groups, family, and decision making.
In this article, we will summarize some of the key points and insights from the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman and show you how you can apply them to your own marketing practice.
What is Consumer Behaviour and Why is it Important?
According to Schiffman, consumer behaviour is defined as „the behaviour that consumers display in searching for, purchasing, using, evaluating, and disposing of products and services that they expect will satisfy their needs“ (p. 3).
Consumer behaviour is important for marketers because it helps them to:
- Identify the needs and wants of their potential customers
- Segment the market into different groups of consumers with similar characteristics and preferences
- Position their products and services in a way that appeals to their target segments
- Develop effective marketing mix strategies (product, price, place, and promotion) that satisfy their customers and create value for them
- Evaluate the performance and effectiveness of their marketing efforts and make adjustments as needed
What are the Factors that Influence Consumer Behaviour?
Schiffman identifies four main factors that influence consumer behaviour: cultural, social, personal, and psychological (p. 8).
Cultural factors include the values, beliefs, norms, customs, and traditions that are shared by a group of people and shape their behaviour. For example, culture influences what people eat, wear, celebrate, and value.
Social factors include the influences of other people on consumer behaviour, such as family members, friends, peers, colleagues, celebrities, opinion leaders, and reference groups. For example, social factors influence whom people trust, admire, imitate, and seek advice from.
Personal factors include the individual characteristics of consumers that affect their behaviour, such as age, gender, income, education, occupation, lifestyle, personality, and self-concept. For example, personal factors influence what people buy, how much they spend, how often they shop, and how they use products and services.
Psychological factors include the mental processes
that affect consumer behaviour,
such as motivation,
psychological factors influence
how people recognize their needs,
how they process information,
how they form opinions,
and how they retain knowledge.
How to Download and Read the PDF Book by Leon G. Schiffman?
If you are interested in learning more about consumer behaviour from the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman, you might be wondering how to download and read it. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Go to the Internet Archive website and search for „Consumer behavior by Schiffman, Leon G“ (p. 1).
- Select the edition that you want to download from the list of results. The latest edition is the 12th edition, published in 2019.
- Click on the „Download options“ button and choose the format that you prefer. You can download the PDF book as a PDF file, an EPUB file, or a Kindle file.
- Save the file to your device and open it with a compatible reader application. You can use Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDF files, Calibre for EPUB files, or Kindle for Kindle files.
- Enjoy reading the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman and learn more about consumer behaviour.
How to Cite the PDF Book by Leon G. Schiffman?
If you want to use the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman as a source for your academic or professional work, you need to cite it properly according to the style guide that you are following. Here are some examples of how to cite the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman in different styles:
- APA style: Schiffman, L. G., & Wisenblit, J. (2019). Consumer behavior (12th ed.). Pearson Education.
- MLA style: Schiffman, Leon G., and Joseph Wisenblit. Consumer Behavior. 12th ed., Pearson Education, 2019.
- Chicago style: Schiffman, Leon G., and Joseph Wisenblit. 2019. Consumer Behavior. 12th ed. Pearson Education.
How to Test Your Knowledge of Consumer Behaviour with the PDF Book by Leon G. Schiffman?
One of the benefits of reading the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman is that it provides many opportunities for you to test your knowledge and understanding of consumer behaviour concepts and applications. Here are some ways you can do that:
- At the end of each chapter, there are review questions, critical thinking questions, and application exercises that you can answer and discuss with your classmates or instructor (p. 23).
- Throughout the book, there are case studies, examples, and illustrations that show how consumer behaviour theories and principles are applied in real-world situations. You can analyze and evaluate these cases and examples and relate them to your own experiences (p. 25).
- On the companion website of the book, there are additional resources and tools that you can access, such as online quizzes, flashcards, videos, podcasts, and web links. You can use these resources to reinforce your learning and explore more topics related to consumer behaviour (p. 27).
How to Get the Most Out of the PDF Book by Leon G. Schiffman?
The PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman is a valuable source of information and insights for anyone who wants to learn more about consumer behaviour and its implications for marketing practice. However, reading the book alone is not enough to master the subject. You need to apply what you learn and reflect on your own behaviour as a consumer. Here are some tips on how to get the most out of the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman:
- Before you read each chapter, skim through the learning objectives, key terms, and chapter outline to get an overview of what you will learn (p. 21).
- While you read each chapter, pay attention to the main points, definitions, examples, and diagrams that explain and illustrate the concepts and theories. Try to relate them to your own experiences and observations as a consumer (p. 22).
- After you read each chapter, review the summary, key terms, and questions at the end of the chapter to check your comprehension and recall of the material. Try to apply what you learned to new situations and problems that you encounter as a marketer or a consumer (p. 24).
- Throughout your reading, make notes, highlight important information, ask questions, and look for connections between different topics and chapters. You can also use online tools such as Google Scholar or Google Books to find more sources and references related to consumer behaviour (p. 26).
How to Benefit from the PDF Book by Leon G. Schiffman as a Consumer?
The PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman is not only useful for marketers, but also for consumers who want to improve their own consumer behaviour and make better decisions. Here are some benefits that you can gain from reading the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman as a consumer:
- You can learn more about yourself and your own consumer behaviour patterns, such as your needs, wants, preferences, motivations, perceptions, attitudes, and personality. You can also discover how these factors are influenced by your cultural, social, personal, and psychological backgrounds (p. 8).
- You can become more aware of the various marketing stimuli and influences that affect your consumer behaviour, such as product features, prices, promotions, places, brands, advertisements, word-of-mouth, online reviews, and social media. You can also learn how to evaluate these stimuli and influences critically and objectively (p. 9).
- You can develop more effective and efficient consumer decision-making skills and strategies, such as problem recognition, information search, alternative evaluation, purchase decision, and post-purchase behaviour. You can also learn how to avoid common decision-making errors and biases that may lead to dissatisfaction or regret (p. 10).
- You can enhance your consumer satisfaction and well-being by choosing products and services that match your needs and wants and deliver value for your money. You can also learn how to express your feedback and complaints to marketers and how to protect your rights and interests as a consumer (p. 11).
How to Share and Discuss the PDF Book by Leon G. Schiffman with Others?
Another way to enrich your learning experience from the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman is to share and discuss it with others who are interested in consumer behaviour and marketing. Here are some ways you can do that:
- You can join or create a study group with your classmates or colleagues who are also reading the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman. You can meet regularly online or offline and exchange your views, opinions, questions, and insights about the book and its topics (p. 28).
- You can participate in online forums, blogs, podcasts, or social media platforms that are dedicated to consumer behaviour and marketing topics. You can post your comments, questions, reviews, or feedback about the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman and interact with other readers and experts (p. 29).
- You can attend or organize seminars, workshops, webinars, or conferences that are related to consumer behaviour and marketing themes. You can listen to or present your findings, ideas, or applications based on the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman and network with other professionals and academics (p. 30).
The PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman is a comprehensive and insightful resource for anyone who wants to learn more about consumer behaviour and its implications for marketing practice. The book covers various topics and concepts related to consumer behaviour, such as cultural, social, personal, and psychological factors, consumer decision making, consumer satisfaction and well-being, and consumer behaviour in the digital age. The book also provides many opportunities for readers to test their knowledge and understanding of consumer behaviour concepts and applications, as well as to share and discuss them with others. By reading the PDF book by Leon G. Schiffman, you can gain valuable skills and insights that will help you become a better marketer and a better consumer.